Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pinning!

I know I’m not the only one, but I am addicted to pinterest.  I love finding inspiration through others and checking out awesome baked goods.  The only problem is I now have a difficult time not wanting to bake and EAT everything I pin, and I can't stop pinning.  Here are two things I have made so far, I’m sure it’ll be two of many to come.

Slutty Brownies


I eat with my eyes and I wanted to make this based on looks alone, and it looks so decadent and delicious.  Cookie dough?  Check.  Oreos?  Check.  Brownies?  Check!  Glass of milk… oh no, that’s what I was missing!  I’m not a regular milk drinker, but you definitely need to have a glass of milk on hand when you’re about to eat this! 

I followed the recipe exactly, except I used unsweetened cocoa powder instead of regular cocoa powder the recipe called for.  I’m not sure if it matters and I’m still trying to figure out if there is a difference, but I’m going to assume the unsweetened cocoa powder used in the brownies helped cut the sweetness.  As decadent and sweet as it looked, it was not tooth aching sweet.  It was perfect.  It would be delicious warm with some vanilla ice cream on top.  


Here is my version.  I got eager and didn’t wait for it to cool all the way.  If you let it cool all the way you can get a nice pretty cut like the picture above.   I plan to make more and just store in the freezer and warm up when I’m in need of a sweet fix.  Which is like, everyday.

Smores Cookies

I love smores!  I can’t get enough of it.  I love the mini Hershey bar on top of the cookie.  Again, I’m eating with my eyes.   I have tried other versions of smore cookies, and my advice, don’t skimp on the graham crackers when making these.  I used Target brand graham crackers and the taste was just of the graham cracker was, eh.  I blame the brand.   Don’t get me wrong, it is a REALLY GOOD cookie, but I think it would have tasted better if I used a different graham cracker.  I like Honey Maid Graham crackers. 



Here is my version I like my cookies soft and I thought the graham cracker cookie would soften from baking (like the Oreos from the slutty brownie) but they remained crunchy.  This is great if you love a crunchy cookie.


I wanted a thicker cookie so I did not flatten the dough that much.  Using my Goldtouch baking pans I made 24 cookies on one sheet and made about 18 cookies with the remaining batter.  That’s a lot of cookies!  

Baking these cookies and brownies was a nice break from my regular weekend of cake popping and making macarons.  My next goal is to tackle cakes, wish me luck!

Find me here on pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...