Friday, March 9, 2012

Cheers for Beer!



My friend Sha and I helped our boyfriends celebrate their 30th birthday this past weekend. We planned a casual beer tasting party with lots of beer, tacos, snacks and sweets. I got the idea for the Beer Tasting Party from seeing it here on Hostess with the Mostess Blog.



We wanted to keep it manly and going with the beer theme went with the colors brown, tan and touches of red.



I took over the dessert table and created desserts based on the theme colors and the boy’s favorite sweets.  



Salted Caramel Macarons - I made a Swiss meringue butter cream and added Trader Joe's Salted Caramel Sauce to make this. The salted caramel flavor was really light. I'm going to add more salted caramel the next time I make this.



Red Velvet Cake Balls. I flew to Las Vegas and had these cake balls already in the mini cupcake liners. They got screwed up during the travel. Next time I travel with cake balls, I would wait until I prep the table to put the cake balls on the mini cupcake liners.



I love these. 



I used Martha Stewart's Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe found here. Delicious.



This cake was bought at a local bakery in Las Vegas. It was sooooo good!



My friend Gee made an awesome banana pudding. I'm sad we didn't get a picture of it on the dessert table. 


I told my boyfriend we should have a faux photo booth area in his backyard, where people could take pictures with their camera phones. He thought it was a bit much, but Sha loved the idea, and being control freaks we are, went ahead with it. :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...