Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Macarons!



I love fall because it marks the beginning of pumpkin season for me and I LOOOOVE pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING.

When I found this pumpkin French macaron recipe and pumpkin filling recipe from Yummy Mummy, I wanted to make it right away.  I made this a few times and here is my version of the recipe.

Macaron Recipe from Martha Stewart *makes 40 macarons using my 1” macaron template
1 cup confectioners' sugar
3/4 cup almond flour
2 large egg whites, room temperature
Pinch of cream of tartar
1/4 cup superfine sugar
1 tsp of pumpkin spice*
*I didn’t have pumpkin spice on hand so I used this recipe here. 
Follow Martha’s recipe instructions, adding pumpkin spice to the almond flour and confectioner’s sugar.


Pumpkin Frosting Filling adapted from Yummy Mummy
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup pumpkin purée
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 tsp of pumpkin spice (optional)
Beat all ingredients until smooth.

The filling did not have as much pumpkin flavor as I liked, this may be because I used organic pumpkin puree from Trader Joes, so I added a teaspoon of pumpkin spice for extra pumpkin flavor.



These were delicious and fulfilled my pumpkin fix!

1 comment:

  1. Your pumpkin macarons look wonderful. Great for this time of year. Love the touch of spice in there, too! Thanks for sharing them with us for our hallowe'en special next week on MadAboutMacarons.com!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...